2 Mar 2011

Professional touch


I’m not one for clutter. In an odd kind of way I find something really satisfying about a big spring clean - soul cleansing almost. 
This peculiar side of my personality is probably why I like being out in the hills so much. The clutter of the normal mundane drag of life isn’t there. It’s you, your essentials and the mountain – oh…and also a couple of bonkers friends to add a touch of hysteria – or is that just my friends?

There’s an element of this side of my personality evident in the photograph below. The first photo is the original, full of colour, activity and a few unwanted objects: I mean the confetti not the people just incase any of you are reading this!) It's a nice enough photograph as a memory but the main subjects appear a little lost. To regain the focus I made a number of adjustments. I cropped the image to significantly reduce the noise in the background and added a filter adjustment to blur its movement. To add quality I converted it to a black and white image and using the photoshop clone tool I removed the unwanted confetti over the face. 

By not including those busy elements of the original photo it creates a bigger overall impact on the viewer. The senses have less to focus on so so the visual impact is greater.



No comments:

Post a Comment