8 Feb 2011

A Personal Touch


I’m not usually very good with words. Not that I’m below average IQ or that I’m some kind of recluse I hasten to add. But sometimes I find words an effort. I think that’s why I like pictures so much.

I produced the image below for a friends birthday and had it printed on Canvas. It takes elements of her amazing lively character and shows them in a way that didn’t need me to use any verbal skills (or lack of them).

Taking various images I used the layer system within Photoshop to gradually build the picture. I enhanced and manipulated the layers using filter adjustments and colour samples to create an artistic element along with the eraser tool to blend the layers together. This gave the piece a vibrant dynamic appearance.
……Never too far from a Thesaurus - what a great invention!


No comments:

Post a Comment