2 Feb 2011

Photographic Memories:


Where would we be without our friends? Struggling for the first line of my blog this week I asked a friend for a helping hand to get me on my way. “Perhaps you could start with the merits (or otherwise) of eating Kiwi fruit ?”  The support is touching…..

I spent a couple of hours the other night looking through some of my favourite photographs from the last 10 years. I felt quite nostalgic and a little emotional. On saying this, the glass of wine and epic tunes from Adele’s new album could have played their part.

I came across a photo taken just as I was about to step onto a terrifying via ferrata traverse out in the Dolomites. It still brings back a mild form of panic based on the fear I felt at the time. It’s funny how photos can affect you like this. True emotional stimulants.

Photographs are a way of cataloguing the events in our lives. The interesting journey, for me, occurs when transforming those events into pieces for display through modern tools such as Photoshop. Just a simple adjustment can turn a simple photograph into a powerful statement or a mix of memories; as shown below (This was designed as a 60th birthday card).


No comments:

Post a Comment